In Doñana Park, pre- park and local area there is a great range of activities to do and a large number of hiking trails. Some of the main activities that can be practiced are.
- 4x4 Tours.
- Bird watching and photography.
- Horse riding treks.
The Natural Park area has four paved cycling routes.
There are 9 marked hiking trails summing about 25 Kms. Some of the most important are:
• Cerro del Águila. The beginning is located 10 kms. from Sanlucar de Barrameda on a road to La Colina de La Algaida. It runs through a Pine forest covering stable dunes with an undergrowth of Juniper, Mastic and other Mediterranean shrubs. It begins at a bird watching hide on the Tarela lagoon. Length: 5.6 km. Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Charco de la Boca. A hike along the right bank of a stream called La Rocina where there are four hides to watch the aquatic fauna. It begins at La Rocina visitor centre. Length: 3.5 kms. Duration: 1 hour. Accesible to the disabled.
- Charco del Acebrón: The trail follows a natural widening of La Rocina stream. On the way you can appreciate the rich biodiversity of the gallery forest. Length: 1.5 kms.Duration 1 hour 30 minutes. Accessible to the disabled.
- Acebuche Lagoon. The trail runs along the south shore of an ancient lake and provides access to seven hides from which you can spot plenty of aquatic birds. The path begins at the Acebuche Visitor Centre. Length: 1.5 kms.
The Dune path. Located on the border of the National Park, next to Matalascañas. It has a viewing point with excellent views of the dunes and the beach. Length 1.5 kms. Duration: 2 hours.
Bird watching hide: In addition to the hides and visitors’ centres on the hiking routes of special note is the Tarela Lagoon bird watching hide, at the entrance to the Pinar de La Algaida in Sanlucar de Barrameda.
INFORMATION AND INTERPRETATION CENTRES
Ice Factory Visitors Centre. Located in the seaside neighborhood of Bajo de Guía, in Sanlúcar de Barrameda. It houses an exhibition about the Doñana Natural Area.
Location: Avenue of Bajo de Guía, Sanlúcar de Barrameda. Tel: 956-385677.
Open: All year. November – April: 9am - 7pm. Other months: 9am - 8pm
Bajo de Guía Visitors’ Centre. Located in Bajo de Guía in Sanlucar de Barrameda. It provides broad information about the wetlands in general and an ethnographic exhibition about Sanlúcar de Barrameda.
Location: Avenida de Bajo de Guía, Sanlucar de Barrameda Tel. 956380922.
Open: All year. Closed on Mondays.
Acebuche Visitors’ Centre: An exhibition showing the importance of the wetlands to migratory bird species conservation.
Location: El Rocío- Matalascañas road, Km.12, in Almonte.
Opening period: All year.